Wee Tian Beng
Wee Tian Beng is the first Singapore comic artist to break into the International Comics Market.
Recently, Tian Beng’s comics had been translated into 11 different languages: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
His comics have reached nearly 20 countries on four continents (Asia, Europe, North America, and Australia).
To date, he has created more than 200 volumes of comic works and also the only local comic artist which reached over millions of sales.
This is a commercial miracle in Singapore Comics Industry.
In the 1990s, he was invited by 2 Hong Kong publishers to create comics’ series for 2 famous novels “ The Adventures of Wisely ” by Mr. Ni Kuang and “ Return Of The Condor Heroes ” by Mr. Louis Cha.
In 1997, Tian Beng received the Asian Manga Prestigious Award at the International Comic Artists Conference held in Seoul, South Korea.
In 1999, he started his major comic series “ The Celestial Zone ” ( total of 5 series, 170 volumes) The Celestial Zone has become the longest and best selling comic series in Singapore.
In 2015, he organised the one-month long event “Singapore Original Comics Festival” programme includes a comic exhibition, creative talks, co-creative workshop, discussion panel, and Creative Market, etc to promote the original comic culture.
And also, in 2015 he published a comic – “ SG50 Our Months Together” to celebrate Singapore’s 50th Golden Jubilee Anniversary.
This comic is drawn by 12 local comic artists to celebrate both milestones in Singapore’s development and uniquely Singapore life experiences.
In 2016, he received an Award of Creative Excellence ~ Outstanding Contribution to the Singapore Comic Industry from ACAS.
In 2017, Tian Beng was invited to the International Comic Artists Conference (ICC) representative of Singapore.
In 2018, he started his latest comic: NEO ERA – The Adventure of TCZ Ai”
In 2019, he organised the “Singapore International Original Comics Competition” to encourage the younger generation to value the original culture and to be creative.
Currently, Tian Beng is the Managing Director of TCZ Studio Pte Ltd, preside of Singapore Comics Society and the representative of Singapore of International Comic Artists Conference.
He is also frequently invited to represent Singapore at the International Comic Conference and as the final judge of the comics competition.
Yeo Hui San Murasaki
Chief Editor & Mentor of Puracomixmag.
Vice President, Comics Society ( Singapore ).
Comix Pandora Leader, Singapore Original Doujinshi Group.
- Silver Award “ Friendship Band ” for WE3 China – Wuhan 2nd International Digital Art Biennial 2012.
Website : www.comixpandora.net
Yeo Hui Xuan
Yeo Hui Xuan – Comic Artist of Dream Walker comic series .
She is also Singapore’s first female full-time professional comic artist.
Senior Director, Comics Society ( Singapore ).
Artist & Mentor of Puracomixmag.
Comix Pandora Senior Artist, Singapore Original Doujinshi Group.
- Best Comic Storytelling Award “Story of Yuu Ying” at Merlion International Animation Week in 2016.
- Silver Award “ Story of Muca” for WE3 China – Wuhan 2nd International Digital Art Biennial 2012.
- Dream Walker obtained very good results in Singapore industry and recognition by fans. In addition, Dream Walker 2 series – “Dreamscape 5 Pillars” ( Chinese / English, 2 volumes ) was published, which also gained the support and sponsorship by National Arts Council ( NAC ).
- Her first debut works – Dream Walker Series ( Chinese / English, 6 volumes ) gained support and sponsorship of the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore ( IMDA ) in 2009.
- Silver Award in the Digital Animation Category for the Safety@Work Creative Awards in 2008.
- Awarded Certificate of Excellence for AXN Anime Drawing Contest in 2002.
Low Kiah Hwee
Low Jia Hui Rixou – Author and creator Of Pandora’s Scar.
Graduated from from National University of Singapore.
Project Director, Comics Society ( Singapore ).
Artist & Mentor , Pura ComixMag ( Online Comic Magazine ).
Comix Pandora Artist, Singapore Doujinshi Group.
- Bronze Award “ Ti Amo ” for WE3 China – Wuhan 2nd International Digital Art Biennial 2012.
- Selected for Noise Singapore 2012 The Apprenticeship Programme ( TAP ) and works exhibited in Noise TAP 2012. Showcase in Goodman Arts Centre and Ion Orchard.